CALIFORNIA CONVENTIONS & MEETINGS
We would like to thank our friends at the San Diego Tourism Authority for sharing this information with us. On Tuesday, California state officials outlined how the state could restart large-scale meetings, conventions and events in the second half of the year. In addition, San Diego County moved to a less restrictive tier, allowing for increased attendance at smaller scale indoor and outdoor meetings and events as soon as April 15.
Here are the highlights regarding meetings and conventions:
- California is expected to lift most statewide restrictions and capacity limits at nearly all businesses on June 15.
- Convention capacity can exceed 5,000 if vaccination status or testing is verified for all attendees.
- There will be no restrictions on the number of attendees for conventions beginning Oct. 1.
- International convention attendees will be allowed if fully vaccinated.
- Common sense public health measures and masking mandates will continue, especially for indoor events.
State officials are planning to provide more detailed guidelines for meetings, conventions and events as soon as April 15, but here is a FAQ on what we know now. The San Diego Tourism Authority will continue to update the FAQ as new information becomes available.
We are excited that our hospitality industry friends in California will soon begin to move into a new state of getting back to work and we hope that positive information on reopenings continues to come forward.